Friday, February 4, 2011

Recommended Burs

I’ve been recommending burs for a long time, and I’ve finally come out with my own bur kit. It’s manufactured by Axis, sold by Patterson, and nets me absolutely no money... but I do get to say I have my own bur kit. The cost is $189 and you can get it from your Patterson rep or from the office by calling 408-746-4300 (ask
for customer service, say you want the CERECGuy bur kit). It comes with a bur block and the following burs:
- wicked course to cut off zirconia and PFMs
– 1.5mm and 2.0mm occlusal reduction burs
– course inverted cone to remove undercut
amalgams for inlays and onlays
– course cylinder to prep crowns
– fine cylinder to finish axial wall margins
– fine football to smooth internal angles
– fine mosquito tip to open interproximal
contacts for inlays and onlays
– two polishing cups for porcelain
– a robinson wheel (frilly edges) for polishing
- keys to a new Lambourghini (while supplies last)

You don't have to get this kit, but you do have to get appropriate burs to create the sharp margins and internally smooth angles necessary for CEREC. I recommend you reduce your bur inventory to no more than 10 different types (for every prep), then make 10 sets and place them in 10 bur blocks. Now no matter what you're prepping, you have a standard, familiar bur kit ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you I have the occlusar reduction burs and they have help me alot not to underestimate the occlusion reduction. Thank you

    ReplyDelete